Southwell is just 9 miles from Newark and 14 miles from Nottingham.
- From the M1 south: Leave the M1 at Junction 21A and join the A46 towards Newark. Continue on the A46 to Newark, on approaching the roundabout with the B6166 take the first exit still on the A46. At the next roundabout take the first exit onto the A617 towards Mansfield and Southwell.
- From the A1: Continue on the A1 to the Newark junction with the A46. Join the A46 towards Nottingham, at the roundabout take the third exit onto the A617 towards Mansfield and Southwell. Turn left onto the A612 signposted Southwell.
There is ample parking available in Southwell, including provision for blue badge holders. The four main car parks in the town centre are:
- Church Street car park, NG25 0HQ (90 spaces)
- King Street car park, NG25 0EW (50 spaces)
- The Bramley car park, NG25 0EJ (25 spaces), accessed from The Ropewalk
- Saracen’s Head car park, NG25 0JH (40 spaces), accessed from Queen Street
Click here for more information
The nearest train station is Rolleston, on the Nottingham – Lincoln line, and is approximately 3.5 miles to the centre of Southwell.
Alternatively, there is the option to travel to Southwell from Newark Northgate station (on the LNER East Coast Mainline from London to Edinburgh), approximately 9 miles away. From there, travellers can choose to get a taxi to Southwell or take a 15 minutes’ walk to Newark bus station and catch a bus to Southwell.
Click here for More information
Southwell bus station is in the town centre, located on Station Road. For bus routes and times, visit: www.traveline.org.uk or phone 0871 200 22 33
- Broadsword(Southwell based, local, and long distance) 01636 812313
- Elkingtons(Southwell) 01636 813254 or 07970 305339
- Z cars(Newark) 01636 700551
- Yellow Cabs(Newark) 01636 671029/705200
- JR Taxis(Newark) 01636 640488
Public Transport enquiries
Visitors planning their journey by public transport can contact Traveline for routes and times:
Visit www.traveline.org.uk or phone 0871 200 22 33